Reasons and Precautions for Using Air Mattress for Medical Bed
Ⅰ. Reasons for using air mattress for medical bed
The main cause of bedsores is the continuous pressure on the surface of the body, causing tissue ischemia and hypoxia, and leading to necrosis and ulceration of the skin tissue. The function of the air mattress for medical bed is to prevent the patient from developing pressure ulcers or to prevent further development after pressure ulcers occur. It is used for patients who need to stay in bed for a long time, such as those suffering from pancreaticoduodenal surgery, multiple fractures after trauma, head injury, cerebral hemorrhage, cerebral infarction, etc. Some patients cannot turn over and pat their backs timely due to impaired consciousness or improper care. Then the local long-term compression cannot be relieved, which can cause avascular necrosis and infection, aggravate the original condition, and bring greater pain to the patient, which is not conducive to rapid recovery.
The alternating air mattress for hospital bed is specially designed for patients with stroke, brain injury, long-term bed rest, and short-term bed rest after surgery, so as to prevent bedsores. The air mattress for medical bed is specially designed for patients with moderate or severe bedsores to promote wound healing. The air mattress for medical bed is suitable for hospitals, nursing homes, and home care.
Ⅱ. Precautions for the use of air mattress for medical bed
1. The use of air mattress for medical beds can extend the patient's turn-over time, but it cannot completely replace the turn-over function.
2. Avoid sharp objects piercing the airbag. If you accidentally break it, the separate airbag can be replaced separately.
3. Do not expose the air mattress for medical bed to the sun to avoid deformation and damage of the plastic material of the airbag.
4. The air mattress for medical bed supplied by medical bed suppliers can be wiped with a soft cloth with clean water or neutral detergent, and dried in the shade.
5. After the air mattress for medical bed is inflated to a proper pressure, move the patient to the bed.
6. When you are performing bed care, the pressure of the air mattress for medical bed must be adjusted to the lowest level. Do not stand directly on the fully inflated air mattress for medical bed to avoid damage.
- Hospital Bed
- Medical Trolley
- Ward Accessories
- Hospital Use Chair